Saturday, April 2, 2011

i was right, it was a lot of reading

Yes!  I finished the Harry Potter book!  I did (finally!).  If you want to read my post, when I first started the book, click here:D

So, Allie.  How was the book?  Um, yeah.... It was amazing!  I loved the whole book.  I loved the characters.  But it was long.  Which was hard cause I needed to read some of my overdue library books, yet I still needed to read the Harry Potter book.  I ended up checking books out from the library and then having to recheck them out (several time, if might add), so this week, I'll be reading again, a lot!

Well, who would you recommend this book to?  I'd recommend it to anyone!  Maybe not little kids, but like ten and up.  Those of you fantasy lovers and suspense cravers out there, these are the books for you.  I've only read one out of the seven books, but I know that the other books (that i haven't read) are going to be holding you on the edge of your seat.... no joke :D

Here's the question we've all been longing for.  Do you think you're going to watch the seventh movie after you've just read the book?  You know, I'm not sure.  In some parts of the book, I was all like, "Oh, I wish I could see that part in the movie!" and then there were other parts that were really gory (not terribly gory,actually), and I'm not sure if I would be able to handle it.  So I'm going back and forth here.  I mean, I'm fourteen!  My brothers who are younger than me watched the movie and they weren't freaked out.  Other teens who are my age want to see horror movies and they call it "sooooo not creepy!".  Is it normal for me?  Are there any other teens out there like me?  Anyone? *silence*

Well, over all it was a great book!  I really recommend it to everyone.  It's a series you just have to read at least once in your life time... no joke :)  (do you think this is my new phrase?  no joke? hmmm...)

*Allie*

2 comments:

Rachael said...

It's not just you who doesn't like gory stuff, Allie! I admit, I cover my eyes at some parts in Lord of the Rings. And as much as I love The Hunger Games, when the movie comes out I might have to prepare myself for some of the violence. While I was reading it I was like, "Oooh, I'd hate to see that happen to someone on the big screen!"

Chelsea said...

Well, I won't be seeing the Harry Potter movie. :P I hate gore and dark fantasy. I don't understand the people who like bloody movies and video games. Why do they like watching other people get torn apart??? X(