Friday, April 15, 2011

for the love of friday

Good morning troops:)  How are you?  Well, this is my very first post for "for the love friday".  Okay, for those of you who missed what this is about, click here

Today, I'm going to think of something random and bazaar (you: oh boy!  here we go 0.o )!  Let me think.... it has to be random and bazaar.... hmmmmmm........ (six minutes later... no joke)....... hmmmmmm...... uuuuuhhh, BUBBLEGUM!!!  Yes!  Bubblegum!

So.... let's talk about bubblegum.  Do you even like bubblegum?  I love it!  As a kid I used to get this really awesome grape flavor bubblegum after I saw our dentist (it was a special kind of dental bubblegum of course).  One time when my family and I were in a grocery store (i was like seven) I saw a whole end isle stocked with 'my gum'.  The "Oh Momma, would you pwease get this fo' me, I'll pay you back!" started up, but I sorta knew, that Mom would only let me get it if I saved up my own money (which was hard for me, cause i bought everything i thought i might like all the time, then.... sometimes that happens now, but not as much).  To save up some of my own money I would need to do some chores around the house for some cha-ching.  I looked at how much the bubblegum was on the end isle, 99 cents!  I started skipping alongside the cart all the way to the car. 

After about a week an' a half, I had a little over a two dollar in quarters, dimes, and nickels.  Then the "Oh Momma, may we pwease go to da stowe so I can get my pwetty, pink, puwple, gwape bubblegum, oh pwease Momma?"  We eventually did go to the store and I found out that there were two in a pack for the same price, 99 cents!  I thought in my little seven year old brain, Maybe, if I get two packs of my bubblegum I'll have fou' packs aww together! 

Well, imagine a little seven year old skipping out of a store with a bag with two bubblegum two packs, "T'ank you Momma fo' wetting me go to da stowe!  Oh an' Momma, guess what?  That nice w'ady at the countew gave me fwee money!  I should go the'e mowe often!"

That was my childhood memory of bubblegum.  Now I like spearmint gum right after I brush my teeth cause it makes me feel more minty fresh:D  Well my friends who just happen to be reading this, thanks for stopping by!  Now I have to get ready for school *ugh*.....

*Allie*  

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I like the classic bubblegum flavored bubblegum. and watermelon! I used to love to smell gum when I was little. Have a good day at school!