Wednesday, September 28, 2011

a new goal???

So I think I'm going to start a new goal... well I already started yesterday, I guess.  But I'm worried that I'm going cave an drink the sweet bubbly goodness.  My sorta goal is this, "No Drinking Any Kind of Soda".  Now this sounds like a pretty good goal, simple and easy.  Nevertheless, I had a hankering for a perky soda (diet coke... yummm!) when I came home from school (i was very tired!).  I'm not really supposed to have caffeine, but every once in a while Mom and Dad get me a white chocolate frap.  from our favorite coffee stand and/or let me sip on a can of diet Coke.  I've only had a few diet Cokes/Cokes in my life, and I really liked them.  *heehee* 

In the past few months, after I drink a soda (usually a RB, orange soda, or sprite [all diet])  I've been feeling... weird?  I guess.  Like, my tummy feels bloated and if I drink it too fast I get the little hiccup burps (i know, so un-lady like!), but you gals know what I'm talking about right?  About two months ago I dropped all sodas out of my life for two weeks.  And the thing is, I felt A-mazing!!!!  I never felt like I was puffy bloated, I never got the hiccup burps (we'll just call them lady burps, it sounds more elegant [oh my, elegant!]), and I even shed a few pounds!  I know right?  I thought the 'diet' part in diet sodas made everything in the sodas not count.  But hey, who really cares (the fact was, i had lost some poundage!!!)?!  As soon as I got back into drinking sodas again, everything went switch-a-roo on me again.  The bloating started up again, the lady burps, the pounds that were once lost had been found and reunited with their "hip" friends (did you get the joke?  haha...).  You get the picture...

So here's to a new goal (yes, i just decided the goal is official... please cheer me on!) I just thought I'd happen to share with you.  A toast!  (with water of course, what else can i drink for a toast that's age appropriate???)  Happy day to you all!
*Allie*

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

*gasp!* No pop!!! No coke!!! (I totally love coke...) My mom told me I can't drink coke after 4:00 because it keeps me awake... I never drink diet coke though, I don't drink anything with aspartame in it. :/ But I totally know what you mean about the 'lady burps.' I get them in addition to the 'man burps.' (huge uncontrollable belches..) But seriously.... when I drink coke I FEEL it... (in a good way.) I get a serge of energy and happiness and hyperness. 8D You're brave to not drink pop... =_= I love co2 in my drinks.... My friend's aunt ONLY drinks carbonated water... she doesn't like normal water. She has multiple portable bubblators with co2 cartridges and takes them everywhere so that she can always have her drinks carbonated! (In addition to the ones she has at home!) I want one of those things so I can make my own pop!!! 8D Ohhhh! I also love Italian sodas!!! Ahem... sorry for rambling... @_@ I have a lot of fun talking about pop.... You're so brave! T_T I would have such a hard time giving it up!! So would my friend's aunt! xD

btw, I've been meaning to tell you, your font is a just little hard to read.

memory said...

no way! i'm on day three of going a week without cokes\soft drinks right now! i did it just for fun to see if i could do it. the first two days, i felt really tired. but then today i have the greatest feeling ever! i'm even thinking of staying away from cokes indefintely! (wowo)
yay for us! :))

I'm Sydney. said...

I went on what I called a "soda fast" for over a year and it was so interesting how hard it was at first but it soon came easily! Once I had by soda again, it burned my throat. Good goal! I seldom drink it now!

ashley said...

GO ALLIE! I am soooo against soda, its kinda ridiculous. I have found a couple alternatives that don't use sugar and don't have all the funky preservatives 1) Hansen's sugar free soda 2) Cascade Ice. Both are yum, and if you are REALLY craving soda without all the bad stuff, I'd recommend those =) Good luck!