Wednesday, September 7, 2011

i have to go back again?!

When it was my little brother's (nick) first day of Kindergarten, I don't think he was that thrilled about going to school.  He had, after all, an older sister (me!) who always complained about "how much home work" she had (but it was just two easy-peasy pieces of paper), what kid wouldn't want to get "loads" of homework?  I didn't think so.  After his first day, the family was just anxious to hear how Nick's first day had been.  "Great!"  He said.  "Are you ready to go back tomorrow and see your new friends?" We had asked.  "What?!?!  You mean I have to go back again?!?!  I think I change my brain...!"

Today was my fist day of high school at my home school co-op!  I'm am surprised I am even awake enough to type this out:]  Still a little groggy from algebra at eight thirty this morning.  After my third class (english) I was done for the day (I have another class at our local high school, and we do a few more at home)!  "I did it." I told myself as I walked out of Mrs. J's class room, "I finished high school!"  I just barley stopped in my tracks as I walked back to homeroom to meet Mom, "Today was the first day of school!?" I managed to scream in my expanded brain, "I...... have....... homework?????  Oh my goodness!  I have homework!  It's my first day of school!!!  I have to finish this homework by..... next Wednesday (okay so that part isn't that bad)????.....

"I'm in High School!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

I had a mini (okay massive) panic attack; right then and there as I walked to homeroom.  "I think I change my brain..." I thought to myself.  But I have to look outside the box.... some kids my age don't get education... as much or at all!  I should be really thankful... but it's almost hard to be.  I know that from now on, all my work that I do in school, is going to be recorded into a large binder, and it tells colleges what kind of a student I am.  I know for a fact, that I want to go to a great college!  And if I want to go to a great college, I'm gonna have to work for it!  Maybe that's why I had such a huge panic attack, because I'm stepping into the real world now.  If I want something done I need to work at it or for it. 

Thank you to all who prayed for my first day of high school!  Overall my first day was great!  It really was.  If you happen to think of me or my blog, please pray for me still;)  I think I'll need it for a while.  I'm off to take a nap and then hit the News... Mrs. J's orders:)  (the news part, not the snoozing!)

*Allie*

No comments: