Tuesday, March 15, 2011

it's a god thing: part three

Sorry it took me so long to write back!  I was sick for a little over a week with a sore throat and a fever almost at 102 degrees... yeah!  Anyway..................(where were we exactly?)

"Alex,  I've read your blog!"  Robin's warm hand was grasping my arm.  I was excited to have had her read my blog, but how had she found my blog?  There are thousands upon thousands of blogs!  And she just happened to get to my blog.  It was like the table situation all over again (hundreds of tables in the room yet my favorite author sat down at ours, unbelievable)!

I suddenly remembered something.

Robin hadn't just found my blog by clicking next blog at the top of the page, I had sent her my blog by e-mail!  There had been a contest calling all bloggers!  A few bloggers would win a copy of Robin's newest book, Canary Island Song, read it, then post a review about it! *derrrrrr*

"I read your blog, like, three days ago!" Robin smiled at me and she started jumping in her chair, "CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH?"  She squealed.  I was in so much shock, all I could do was laugh!  I didn't give her my autograph, if that's what you are wondering. 

That's great for you, Allie!  Don't mention us who follow your blog and have a blog of our own, which we might add is a lot better than your snobby blog!

Now before you go any further, I told Robin all about your blogs!  I did, "Robin, you'll have to check out my friends blogs sometime!  My best friend, Rachael, has this amazing and wonderful blog and she does reviews!  That's the title of her blog, Rachael's Reviews and Ramblings!  And her friend Chelsea,  I've only met her a few times, but she has a really awesome blog too!  She has written lots of stories and I'm sure she would like to post a review on her blog... her blog is called Goggles and Paintbrushes!  And.... well, you can check out all of the blogs that I follow on the left side bar on my blog!"  I managed to say that in one long breath, thank you very much!  You know what Robin said after that, "I will definetly check your friends blogs out!"  I am so not lying!  Yes, I know you're sorry but it's time to get back to the story now.

So Robin and I talked about blogs and books and writing and everything that has to do with, well...you know... writing!  "Send me a link to your blog!  Uh... please!"  She said her lips turning up into a smile. "K!"  I said with my most exstatic voice!

Worship started again, and this time I was glad we got to worship God again.  I praised Him for the wonderful day He had planned for me, God you knew this day was going to happen, even before I born!  You are such an amazing God!  I thought as I was singing, which surprisingly enough wasn't hard to do.  After worship we headed straight to our last two classes.

Two hours later we were back at the table, talking to Robin and the other women at our table.  It was so much fun!  I would've just stayed there and talked with them all day long or even for the rest of my life... wait, I will get to do that, someday....

"Well, I should probably get to the signing booth to sign some books!"  Robin said standing up, "See you guys later!"  She called after us.  "Bye!"  We called after her... well at least I did :D

About a half an hour after Robin left, we decided it was about time we should get going back to the hotel.  We walked over to the tables stacked with books and t-shirts and sweatshirts and key chains and gum (that's right, gum).  I found the three books I had wanted, and after paying for it, I stood in the "get your books signed!" line.  Robin signed all of them,

Christy Miller volume one....

Alex~
Keep writing!
The Lord has dreams for your life.  Follow Him every step of the way.
Forever!
Robin Jones Gunn

PS so fun meeting you!

Forever Friends Journal....
Alex~
Trust God Forever!
Robin Jones Gunn

Christy Miller's Diary.....
Alex~
May the Lord bless you in tender ways.
Forever,
Robin Jones Gunn



You could say I had a pretty great weekend (note that this was like, two weekends ago.  i was just really bad and didn't write these posts quick enough!LOL)!  After we got back to our hotel room, we crashed!  We were so stinkin' tired.  I kid you not, I fell asleep smiling and thinking, This was such a God Thing!

*Allie*

ps
if you don't exactly know what a "god thing" is... read the Christy Miller series... you'll love 'em!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was an amazing weekend, indeed. Thanks for being merciful and not posting the picture of my ultra-flat hair day!

Allie, you rock!
LYL

Kelli said...

Great posts about your trip Allie. I loved reading all of them! I teared up when I read what Robin wrote in that first book of yours and she's so right. Thanks for sharing your story :)

Allie said...

Oh, I'm so glad you liked it! Thank you for leaving me a comment! (i just love comments!)
*Allie*

Chelsea said...

Wow! That sounds crazy and fun! A God thing deffenetly! You mentioned my blog to her? 0x0 lol! Woa! Thanks!