Saturday, June 25, 2011

'we have a fresh selection of awkward! want me to wrap that up for ya?'

Going to the Grocery Store

boy in car: aww, we're going to the grocery store?!

father in car:  yep.

mother in car:  who wants to go with me?

*silence*
.................

*groan*
..............

father in car: alex go in with your mother.

allie in car: 'kay.

mother and allie go into the grocery store

grab things that's on the grocery list

go to check out stand

......................
*beep*

...................
*beep*

................
*beep*

bag boy leans over counter and looks directly at allie

bag boy: where did you get those earrings?

(i was wearing my guitar pick earrings that said 'pick jesus')

*short silence*

shocked allie: uhh, oregan? (like there was a right or wrong answer)

bag boy: cool my aunt and uncle got married there!

mother:  really!  isn't it just a wonderful area!

bag boy: oh yeah!

allie: {nodding}

cashier lady: you two have a nice day, now, you hear?

mother: you too!

allie: {almost crashes into the swing open automatic doors} ugh, i just hate those doors.  they make it so hard....

mother: {looks behind and watches doors close} he was cute!!!!  {looks at allie for her expression}

allie:  yeah?

*long silence..... half way to the car*

allie: {looks at mother in the corner of her eye}

mother:  {giving allie a look of, eh-eh!}

allie:  mom!

mother:  {chuckles}


*Allie*

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? He was cute! ;)

ashley said...

Hahahheheh! That made me laugh! Great family moment =P

Hannah @HannahHandmade said...

Heheh! This so made me laugh! :D Thanks for the wonderful comment on my blog, it made my day! :) I want to see a photo of ya!

Chelsea said...

LOL!!! That made me laugh. That is embarrassing!!!