Saturday, June 18, 2011

surprise.....wait, this can't be the-- oh my goodness!!!

So much to tell, so much to explain, your head might just blow up from reading this post (a figure of speech, my friends. please do read on.)

Well, I was going to wait until I got this book, but I have to tell you for you to get the story!  On Thursday morning, I was looking on the Blogging For Books website, at the selection of books I was able to review (the website had a bunch of books that i could choose from).  I finally chose a book called The Dragons of Chiril by Donita K. Paul.  I should get the book in a week or two.  Thank you for your patience:)

Yesterday (friday, the day after i ordered the 'dragon' book) morning (more like afternoon but whatever), I was on my computer looking at Disney Animator stuff when, "Alex, you've got a package for you!"  My youngest brother, Zack, called out from the bottom of the stairs. 

Hmmm, it's too late for my birthday.  So it can't be a birthday present.  Christmas is almost five months away.  Wait.... I ordered a book yesterday.  But it said 'expect it to come by mail in 12-14 days'!?!?  How would that be possible??? 

I heard Zack quickly climb up the stairs, "I think it's a book!"  He said handing it to me.  "What?"  I looked at the thin package.  In the middle of the package, there was a bulging rectangular thing inside, "This can't be the book I ordered yester--" I ripped open the large envelope.  Oh, it was a book alright!  But it wasn't the 'dragon' one.  The book was this....





Remember this?  If you don't click on this link here (please know, that there are three parts to this link)!  This book is how Robin Jones Gunn  knew about my blog!!!  This book was the very first contest I entered to win this book by Robin Jones Gunn.  When I met Robin, I told her I had entered for this contest.  In the contest, there were only nine copies of the book (and i think i entered a little too late to win one).

Instead of winning Canary Island Song, I won Praying for Your Future Husband instead (i think robin entered me into that contest, herself *smile*)!  So I assumed that I didn't make it for the first contest, but Robin helped me win the second (what a sweetheart). 

Many months have passed and guess what (ta-da!!!), I got a copy of Canary Island Song (for free) from the company Howard Books (i think that's right) that published this very book:)  They said in the letter, "If you want, you may even write a review for this book on Amazon.com or for the Christian book store"....... They just gave me a free book and they said if I want to I may write a review for this book!  I just think that was so cool:)  Robin (and Howard Books), if you're out there reading this, you have made my weekend!

*Allie*

2 comments:

Hannah @HannahHandmade said...

Ahh! Lucky duck you! I want to get that book soon (Praying for your future husband...)

{www.hannahhandmade.blogspot.com

ashley said...

So awesome! That's absolutely amazing =) If I'm ever published, I hope to be just as good to my readers =P BTW, love the new, crisp layout!