Thursday, June 23, 2011

one out of thousands of bible verses

You, then, why do you judge your brother?  Or why do you look down on your brother?  For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.  It is written:  "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, "every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.'"
Romans 14:10-11

I found this verse the other day and this just really struck me.  When I get to Heaven, I will confess my sins again to God, right in front of Him!  I have already confessed my sins to Him in a prayer, but it's almost a frightening thing to confess before the creator of the world every single one of your sins. 

I am probably the number one sister in the world who has to find something in her brothers, so they can get in trouble.  I am!  My brothers and I have fought everyday of our lives, and after reading this verse, I honestly started crying.  I prayed and cried to God, "This is not what I want my life to be!  Show me how to love my brothers!". 

It's almost funny, I think when we ask something from God, He gives us little challenges.  When I woke up the next morning, I got the usual wake up call from my brothers, "You have to make your bed before you can come down stairs!  How much cereal did you actually put into that bowl?" etc, etc.  So my first challenge from God didn't go so well for me those next two days.

But today, I'm ready for challenges!  But I think I need a prayer to go along with this challenge.  I can't do this challenge all on my own, you know.  God does help us get through challenges He's given us:)

Dear God,
Thank you for speaking to me through this verse.  I pray that you will hold my hand through all the challenges you've given me, and that you will give me guidance throughout the rest of the day.  God I also pray for those who have read the verse above, that it will give them a different point of view on things.  If they are the type to fight with there siblings or fight with some mean kids at school, I pray that you will soften their hearts towards that someone they do not like.  Hold their hand as they go through those challenges you have given them.  Let this verse you have given us, shine in the back if our minds, so that when we are tempted to fight our enemies, we will go the high road.  I love Father!  Bless all of your children with guidance, Amen

*Allie*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great verse. I appreciate your efforts & your heart. {funny how God doesn't remind us to do the easy things, like... eat cake on your birthday, or love people who love you back!} Keep pressing on towards the goal, kiddo. He's there for you EVERY STEP OF THE WAY.
Lots of Love ~Mom

Hannah @HannahHandmade said...

I love this. I totally teared up. :) So SO sweet! I need to email you ASAP! How can I do that? You could email me here: skalleberghannah(at)gmail(dot)com