Tuesday, May 31, 2011

i'm ba-a-ack *mwa-hahahaaaa*

It's been busy, folks.  Pretty busy;)  Almost in a good way, but not really.  Finals are here (next week is the last week of co-op, yay!  mom has some things we need to get through, though, aww); I am still working on my review for the Praying for Your Future Husband (i haven't forgotten about that :)  it should be up soon); Mom and I have been talking about next years schedule (high school!!!), we're hoping to do more classes at our awesome co-op (yay!); I am drawing a lot more (thank you, thank you) and my sketch book is filling out quite nicely (if may say so myself). 

But lately, my mind has been somewhere else.  My mind...... has been in California:)  Oh, how I dream of living there, going to college there, working late at Disneyland on weekdays, getting tan, smelling the fresh smell of California, becoming a Disney Animator:D  I've been dreaming a lot, as you can see.

I've also been thinking a lot of what I don't have and what I want, like, "Oh, if only I had photoshop, everything would make my drawing/blogging life easier." and, "If only I had a Facebook, I would be able to contact all of my friends from youth group, and know what's going on with their lives in a matter of seconds." and, "If only I had a cell phone I could actually text on, I would look cooler like other kids." (hey, at least it's not smoking) as well as, "If only I was sixteen, I could drive, have my own car, get my own job, and have the money to buy these things I must have!"

And now I'm remembering from one of the Christy Miller books, my mind was set in The Land of If Only (must read the books to understand this, people!)!  If my mind is set in The Land of If Only, I'm going to miss out on real life!  I should be trusting God with His plans for me.  I know that if I focus on God instead of The Land of If Only, He will help me live as a true Daughter of God and help me reach my goals (photoshop, driving, facebook, etc.) and my dreams (california, disney, etc.) in life (i don't really know if there's a difference from wanting something and dreaming it, but whatever)!  Some of the things I want/dream now might not be what God has in store for me in the future, but I am now determined to live for God, follow Him, and lift my spirits up to Him when I don't understand:)






Here's an Awesome song that I just love and had to share with you guys:)  Don't you just love Britt Nicole?  Cause I do:)

*Allie*
  

3 comments:

ashley said...

Ah! Its so true! We can't live in the the Land of If Only, because you'll only be worn and tired by the things you can't have. And besides, we have so much already. We have the sun, and food to eat. A place to lay our heads, hot showers, family and friends, and even if all our lovely things were taken from us, we still have our Great and Awesome God who loves us like crazy and has Heaven waiting for us! Like the song BTW =)

Anonymous said...

Well put, Allie, well put. I'm so proud of you. Always.

Love,
Mom

Katie Burry said...

It's so hard to be content with what we have. I've struggled with it a lot - as I think everyone has. Have you ever heard Fifteen by Taylor Swift? I don't really like how much she's into dating, and how much she sings about it, but I think Fifteen is really good at showing how we change, and we don't always know what is in store for us. I used to want to be a published author more than anything else, but I know now that that's not what God meant for me to do. :) Sometimes It's just hard for use to see what we really need.