Thursday, December 23, 2010

my nativity scene

So since last year, I've been collecting figurines from the Willow Tree company.  I got a part of the set for the Nativity Story/Scene.  My set has Mary holding Jesus, her son; Joseph; a shepherd holding a sheep; a donkey; and two more sheep.  The Willow Tree company makes hand carved looking figurines.  I just love my figurines!  But one thing was missing; the stable.  I new Willow Tree already had a stable, but I didn't really have a lot of money to pay for it.  Well, my Boppa had some sketches he had done for my stable
, and he said he would be happy to make one for me.

A week later; after we had an idea of what the stable might look like, Boppa brought it over.  I was so happy.  I quickly put my figurines on.  It was perfect!



*Allie*

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Wow, so cute with the special homemade stable! (good job, Boppa!). R really likes that Willow Tree stuff too, I found her an ornament of an angel sitting against a rock, brand new in the box at a garage sale this summer! I told her she could take the string off it and just use it as a figurine in her room all year long :)

Anonymous said...

Love your photos, honey! And yes, that stable is so intricate and made with such love... a true treasure!

Aunt Sal/Mom/G Sally said...

This blog makes me smile so much, Allie!!! Your Boppa LOVED making the stable for his Allie and you captured that perfectly with your words and beautiful pics!!! LYL, Grammy