Saturday, December 11, 2010

late at night

Do you ever have a nightmare really late at night, and your mind keeps reminding you of the scariest parts in there?  You're sitting in your bed thinking, "I can't go to sleep, I just can't!", and you end up being crabby all day because you didn't get enough sleep.

Well I did have a nightmare late at night, and I kept thinking to myself, "I can't go to sleep, I just can't, there is no way I can!"  I was still half asleep when I was thinking this, and so I tried to fix the nightmare by going back and trying to do something different.  Well I tried over and over and for some reason, the nightmare would get worse and worse.  Then I started praying,

God clear my mind from the awful things I saw in my nightmare.  I can't fall asleep with out getting those images out of my head.

So I just talked to God for about a half an hour;  I prayed that Zack would have a fun time at basketball practice in the morning, that my guitar teacher and my brothers' piano teacher would have the energy they need to get through their concert tonight.  I just talked to God until I realised that I had forgotten all about the images in the nightmare.  I still saw some of the creepy characters in my head but you know what, my heart and my mind were cleared.  Within that half an hour of talking to God, while He was listening to every word I was saying, He was clearing my mind and heart.

Never feel foolish asking God for peace in your life, heart, or mind.  God wants to help you in every way He can.  When you are excited your volunteer application was excepted at the library, God rejoices with you.  When someone you love gets sick or passes away, God grieves for your saddened heart.  God cares for you!  Having that nightmare was sure scary, but I think God was reminding me in that little way that He is with me all the time and He cares for me all the time.  I hope this was a little reminder that God really cares for you, even in tough times.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Jesus Christ.
Philippians 4:6-7 NIV

Oh and by the way, I wasn't crabby today *giggle*

*Allie*      

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said, sweet daughter.

I am sorry you had a nightmare! No fun. You handled it so well - God's peace is so wonderful, isn't it? There's truly nothing else like it.

Love you lots,
Mom

Aunt Sal/Mom/G Sally said...

You are a young woman growing strong in wisdom, Allie! I LOVE that you are learning such important life lessons even, as you say, in the "little things" ... it IS cool that God is with you ALL the time! LYL (and Jesus loves you even more!), Grammy