Thursday, November 4, 2010

once a rule, always a rule

Do you have holiday rules?  Two of my favorite holiday rules are,

*  No listening to Christmas music until after Halloween
*  No watching Christmas movies until the night of Thanksgiving

I used to hate these rules!  I would try to sneak some Christmas music up to my room, or get away with watching a Christmas movie when no one was home.
But now, It's fun to wait until we don't have to be cautious of these rules anymore.  Why?  I don't know... it just is. For me at least.

The night before Halloween, we were carving our pumpkins and someone (who must remain nameless) put on some Christmas music.  My brothers and I were like, "But... it's tradition to wait the day after Halloween to listen to Christmas music."  So after our whole family agreed to stick with the rules, I put in some french music... oui

So now that it's after Halloween and we are listening to Christmas music, we are now counting down the days to Thanksgiving so we can then watch Christmas movies!  Once we start listening to Christmas music, you kinda get in the mood for Christmas everything... which gets really hard!  Sure we could brake the rules but it really wouldn't be the same, you know?

So for our family, Once a Rule, Always a Rule!
*Allie*

2 comments:

Aunt Sal/Mom/G Sally said...

Ah, yes!!! Those RULES!!! But, I agree with you that it IS fun to wait for the right time to enjoy doing the same thing year after year...another word is "Tradition!" - I think that there's a song in "Fiddler on the Roof" that talks about that! Some really good thoughts on your blog...and I love that picture that you posted. At first I thought that it was taken yesterday at the ranch but then I looked more closely and realized that it's not. It is beautiful, tho, and perfect for today's blog! Love you,Grammy

Aunt Sal/Mom/G Sally said...

Allie!!! I LOVE your new colors...they're beautiful! But then that's no surprise...you truly have a great sense of color and style! Love you, Grammy