Wednesday, November 24, 2010

colder(er) than ever

A couple of  mornings ago, it snowed.  It was so beautiful, so pretty, it was the first snow fall of the year!  How exciting!  Well, it's Wednesday now and we have five inches of hard pack snow everywhere.  No on can leave there house just to get to our own grocery store that's five minutes away.  Yesterday, it got down to eight point five degrees!  It was soooooo cold!  To make things worse, we might not even see our grandparents for Thanksgiving >o<



We have a lot of hills in our neighbor hood.  Sure it's fun to sled down them, but that's one of the BIG problems we have hanging over our heads right now.  That's also why we can't go to our grocery store that's five minutes away.
Pictures of what it's like over here.  Before and afters. 
Awww, that's so elegant!

That's Not!
This is...NOT!!!

I am seriously bummed that my grandparents might not be able to come up for Thanksgiving.  The night of Thanksgiving, we get to watch the first Christmas movie of the year.  So I always do something special like making movie posters, movie tickets, and little snack booths to hand out cocoa and candy canes to people.  Well, that's been a tradition since I was like six.  So can you see how I'm soooo bummed.  We're planning to have "Thanksgiving" on Friday.  But it's not the same!  I want it to be the same day every year, it's traditional... and I'm traditional (I got that line from a Phineas and Ferb song)!
Well at least I'll have another exciting story to tell to my kids someday... the story not the song giggle!
*Allie*

1 comment:

Aunt Sal/Mom/G Sally said...

And your grandparents were seriously bummed that we couldn't make it up your way for Thanksgiving Day =( But, the beauty - and rarity - of a snowy Thanksgiving is one we can thank God for!!! LYL, Grammy