Friday, November 12, 2010

girls day out

A beautiful view!
So we (Grammy, Mom, and I) had our little "Girls Day Out" when we were on our way to see Grandma and Grandpa!  We haven't had our "Girls Day" in so long so we decided to use this opportunity before we went over to Grandma and Grandpa's ranch.  The definition of our "Girls Day" is we do something different, something fun, something extravagant!  We usually go shopping; have lunch, dinner, or both; or do whatever we feel like... it's our "Girls Day"! 

So when we began driving on the way there, we were talking and I brought up the subject about books.  Mom asked if she could see what book I was reading and I showed her.  Well the book was made into a movie, the movie looked cool, so I got the book at the library.  Well I didn't know that it was an adult book, I thought it was okay for me to read, but Mom said it wasn't an okay book.  I was kinda ticked, so I didn't talk to her for about half hour... maybe more.  She asked Grammy if we could go to a book store, so we did.  We looked for about a half hour and Mom decided to get me the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.  I saw the movie and it was so good!  After we did that I wasn't so mad anymore... don't worry I'm not a spoiled little brat that's nice unless she gets something at every store... I think.

So we walked less than a block to a butcher shop, to find a little snack for the ride.  They had tons of meat (obviously), and cheeses that I haven't even tasted before.  We got meat for Grandpa for his be-laded birthday and some cheese and crackers for us.

Next door to that was a gelato store, and I had never tried it before!  So we went over and they had about fifteen to twenty flavors.  I couldn't decide!  The gal was nice and let me try some; I tasted pistachio and a fruity flavor one and then decided to go with old fashioned chocolate.  Gelato is not my favorite, I would choose ice cream over that any day... but hey, I tried it =^D
Me and my Gelato! giggle

On our way home we decided to go to a Chinese place for dinner.  I love Chinese food, but I had a really bad experience with a pepper.  There were a few unknown peppers on our plates, it was in one of the spicy dishes we chose at the counter.  There were two halves and a whole, Mom and Grammy took the two halves and I took the whole which was like an inch long.  It was a smokey flavor which I did not like, but when my tongue touched the seeds, i felt like my mouth was on fire!  I can take really hot foods, but this was something totally different!  Tears, immediately, started crawling down my cheeks.  I told Mom what was happening.  I think because Mom and Grammy didn't have the same reaction as mine, it was because their peppers were cut, mine was not.  A whole would have more seeds in it, the half would not have as many.  So I was freaking out, drinking my root beer didn't help much but make it worse.  I was worried if I was allergic to this mystery pepper, I was picturing myself being wheeled into the ER.  My tongue was on fire and my throat was on fire, my mouth was numb and tingly, I was crying in public, but luckily everything started to get a little bit better... but not much.  I had been on my third cup of root beer and I could still feel it, but once I got in the car for the ride home, I felt really tired.  So I went to sleep in the car.  I have never in my whole life, had a reaction like that with food... ever!

When I got home, I was so excited to talk with Nick, Zack, and Dad.  It was late at night but I felt so energized with that long nap.  It felt really good to be home... really, really good!

*Allie*
Grandpa and his dog Shadow having a wonderful conversation!




Mom and Me!

Mom and Shadow!

Grammy and her Dad (my Grandpa)!

My favorite dirt road at the ranch!

My Great-Grandpa and Me!

Shadow and Me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sure was a great day! And for the record, you're not at all spoiled. I bought the books because I had failed to supervise what you had checked out from the library, and I wanted you to have something to read on the long trip.

Remember what Mark Twain said:

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them."

Good books feed our souls and challenge us to think MORE, not LESS. I want to help guide you to always choose the best:)

Love you!
~Mom

Allie said...

LY2!
*Allie*