Thursday, August 18, 2011

disney or pixar?

As many of you know, it's been my dream for the past several months to become a Disney Animator!  Ever since I have watched  Tangled (made by disney), I knew right then what God had called me for.  It was really a sign that I was supposed to be a Disney Animator!  Maybe that's why I love it so much;) 

Nevertheless, I have stumbled upon a new option.... Pixar.  I saw a video on YouTube the other day of John Lassetter giving a tour of Pixar studios.  It was so amazing watching all of the animators at work and how John L.  dealt with things.  I had been trying to find one of these videos for Disney's Animation studios, but had no luck. 

The video was so warm and welcome, as if I was really talking to John Lassetter!  It made me so badly and desperately wanting to work at Pixar, right then and there.  But then I remembered that it was DISNEY that made me want to be an animator, so why shouldn't I go with Disney!?!?!  I had to remind myself, "Allie!  Your are only fourteen!!!  You won't be dealing with any of these questions and sort until you're in college!  Slow the heck down..."

But after having this moment of.... shock I guess,  I've been having thoughts on whether or not I'm evening going to be an animator?!  What if God has called me to do something else besides Disney or besides Pixar!!??  What if, what He wants me to do in the future is something I haven't even thought of as an option???

*sigh*

For now I'm praying.  I can't really do much about the future right now... like I said, I'm fourteen.  You can't do much when you're fourteen.  But I know that if I pray, God will make things a little bit more visible and more clear as I grow up;) 

God,
This is me calling out to you for guidance!  I don't know the plans you hold for me, only you know.  I pray that you will give me strength as i go into high school as I try to figure these things out and that you will be with me, mom, and dad as we now start to go through this new chapter in my life.  Please help me become a stronger Daughter of Christ, Lord, so I may strive to learn your ways for me and to help reach others.
Thank you, God!  In your name I pray Amen!

I know I've used this verse a lot on my blog, but I have to use it again;)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

*Allie*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you can, and have already, done a lot at fourteen, my dear! Your heart is in the right place... keep looking to the one who created you for the next steps in His plans for you!

Anonymous said...

PS~ {LOVE} your blog re-style!

ashley said...

I LOVE your new blog layout! Super cute! =) I would love to work with films too, mostly in the directing department. Maybe someday we'll run into one another at a studio ;) Whatever God has planned for you, it is perfect and it is good. Keep seeking!

PS: Sorry I haven't commented for a while =/ I read everything though

Gentri said...

The good thing is, you don't have to decide right now. :) You have lots of time to figure it out. I worked for disney (entertainment- it had always been my dream. I mean ALWAYS.) and it was incredible. :)