Friday, October 22, 2010

florida trip!

A few weeks ago, my family and I went to Florida for the first time in eleven years! We went for two whole weeks which is the longest I have ever been away from home. Let me tell you something about Florida. The heat is unbearable. We're from the Northwest so while we were in ninety degree weather no wind, our friends on the other side of the country were rained out with thunderstorms. So stepping outside the airport doors with still ninety degree weather, I was completely surprised. Sure my family kept saying "Florida weather is not the same kind of weather as it is here." "Okay, okay!" is all I said. Boy was I taken by surprise.


We went to Universal Studios for the first three days and I had a blast! Their rides were awesome! One of the rides that my brothers and I desperately wanted to go on was closed. The ride is called "Rip Ride and Rocket" and it had the biggest, steepest drop I have ever seen in my whole life. I think they were doing the "roller coaster checkups".  Here's a picture of the drop!
At the time we were in Dr.Seus Land.
                                           
Another thing about Florida is that they have geckos all over!!! I was freaking out "THERE'S A GECKO BY MY FOOT!!!"  But after a while I got used to it... sorta =^D


The rest of our vacation was spent in Walt Disney World! That was really awesome!!! I had a lot of fun! But the first hmmm... I don't know five days we were there I WAS SICK!!! I know right? Who gets sick when they're in WDW? I guess it was me (and my Boppa =^O  )!!!! So the only thing I could do was drink oj, read my book, and sleep. I mostly slept though. After I got better I had lots of fun! We had to rearrange some of our schedules though =^(  but some days I had to toughen up and go with it. We had a lot of restaurant reservations and it's so hard to get into those restaurants cause they're always booked, so we couldn't really reschedule that.
A week and a half later we were at the airport again. I was just done. I didn't mind leaving WDW, I didn't mind the fact that we were leaving Florida and we probably wouldn't be back for another eleven years. I... was... just... DONE.
 Now I have to say that I hate flying in airplanes! "Honey,  airplanes are supposed to be the safest moving vehicles there are today..." Oh BUTTERSCOTCH!!!! I'm terrified of just being in the air!!!! But the funny thing is, is that I always must sit by the window. Why? (forgive me if this grosses you out) Because I never have to go to the bathroom on an air plane. I just don't! And I hate having to get up and out of my seat when someone does. Why get up if I am not the one who needs to go!!! SERIOUSLY!!!

Fast forward a few weeks and here I am! Safe in my own home! You want to know another funny thing? I got sick again when we got home. I'll tell you about it later!
*Allie*

1 comment:

Aunt Sal/Mom/G Sally said...

LOL!!!!! Love your humor, your pictures, your words, Allie...and that we get to read the WHOLE story (not interupted ;) )from your perspective! Way to go, Granddaughter!!! Love YOU, Grammy