Saturday, October 23, 2010

a case of bronchitis

Yep! That's right, Bronchitis (bronc-eye-dous)! That's what I got when we got back home from the airport. Bronchitis, is where your lungs are all tightened up and it's harder to breathe. On the side of that, my throat was sore and I was always tired. I had all this for about a week with no sign of getting better, so mom called the doctor and got me in. It was like what I got from the Florida trip, only a million times worse (my Boppa still had a really bad sore throat and cough)! When we got to the doctors, they had me put on a mask so I wouldn't spread any sickness to others. There were a lot of elderly people staring at me. Great, how humiliating. This mask really said it all, "Look at me, I'm sick!" and to make it worse, when I exhaled, my breath fogged up my glasses. groan
About ten minutes later, the doctor was checking if I had strep throat. I hate the swab check! It tickles the back of my throat and I feel like I'm going to puke. Luckily, I didn't. Forty minutes later, mom and I are in the car driving to Bartell Drugstore to pick up my medicine. The doctor said I didn't have strep, but Bronchitis. Yeah, I already told you about that. She prescribed me some cough medicine, and steroids which were to help me with the Bronchitis. "You may find that this medicine makes you extra hungry..." She said. Grrreeeat! I gain on vacation, and now I get to gain when I'm sick? Actually it turns out I didn't! YAY!!! "My guess is that you will be back to normal in about two weeks." The doctor said. I smiled "Super!"... I was being sarcastic.
About two weeks later and I'm back to normal, just like the doctor said. I just hope I don't have to deal with Bronchitis ever again!
*Allie*

1 comment:

Aunt Sal/Mom/G Sally said...

I hope you don't have to deal with bronchitis ever again too!!! Love you! Grammy