Monday, October 24, 2011

life happens

This is the first time I have ever really taken time off of my blog before.  Ever!  I don't think I have gone away from my blog for three whole weeks;]  It's kind of sad.  I had to post you guys a little something because if I didn't, I'd probably forget about 'it's my life' and if one of my friends was like, "Oh, how's that blog of yours going?"  I'd be all like, "Me?  I have a blog?" 

So you see, I'm just teenager.  I'm trying to figure out what I have time for and what I don't have time for in life with all of the homework I've got in my overstretched backpack.  Homework is great when I get it all done, but it seems to creep up on me again the week after that.  If you're wondering why I'm blogging in my life instead of doing my homework, it's because it's an uninterrupted morning.  My family and I just got back from a weekend with our great grandparents, and it wasn't even an exciting weekend so I won't even go into that.  But Mom and Dad decided we would take this Monday morning and turn into the Saturday morning we missed from our little weekend get-away.  Now we're all just taking it easy, watching cartoons, etc.

Until now, I've noticed that.... life happens.  It happens fast!  A few weeks ago my mom and I found ourselves talking about drivers ed courses.  Next June, I'll be going to Europe!  And even as the school year goes by, I can't stop thinking about how all of this is forming me into me before I go to college.  The way my school is giving us homework is preparing me for college homework (in a way), I find myself being more confident around older kids at school, and even budgeting my money(sort of).  Overall, I'm doing this so I can work real hard to get to my dream job, being a Disney or Pixar animator.

I am reminded of the song "Almost  There"  from the Disney movie "The Princess and the Frog".  You know the song, right? 



I am almost there!  I have four more years until I'm in college, and then four more years after that for college.  A year isn't really that long, guys!  This year felt like it was shorter than ever and it's almost over.
I'm done;)  I need some breakfast and cartoons or video games.  This is my morning off, then I have to smack my nose into those big old books again.
*Allie*

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

18 years isn't enough time to grow up... (in my opinion at least...) I should be at collage right now, but I'm not! XD I'm waiting a year...

I didn't care for the frog prince movie, but I love this song. But Tianna was one of the better princesses I think... (I loved the prince and that blonde chick too!)

Aunt Sal/Mom/G Sally said...

Oh, Allie...you ARE growing up so fast - and with such insight! I truly love the way that you are being "formed into you" - and that you can express it all so well!!! LYL, Grammy