Monday, December 31, 2012

almost new year

It's been a great year.  In a short little review, I turned 15 and started driving this summer.  Also this summer I went to the United Kingdom and Paris, France and about two months later went to Orlando, Florida.  I started my Sophomore year of high school and tend to drink more coffee than I did last year.  I learned I not only have a passion for becoming an artist, but someday becoming a writer in England.  Wherever I may go in life, is in God's hands. 

On Christmas day, my Grandma asked me if my family members or I had chosen a new year's Bible verse, "So you can remember the verse as your verse for this year." she said.  We all shook our heads in unison.  But what a great idea, I thought to myself: a Bible verse that I choose for the new year.  A verse I can hold to in my heart through everything in 2013. (Out of habit, I almost typed 2012)

Last night, I spent time searching for the right verse for me this new year's.  Here is what I found through my old highlighted pages.  I found a lot of really good ones, too. (feel free to use them as your own verses for the new year!)

* psalms 62:2
He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

* ephessians 5: 1-2
Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

* ephessians 6: 7-8
Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free.

The last one I will show you guys, is one I found about a month ago.  And it stuck with me.  I read it, and I was so shocked, I was looking for some sort of guidelines that said, "This verse was meant for Allie!"  Because I saw so much in these words.

* proverbs 4: 11-13
I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. When you walk, your step will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble. Hold on to instruction, do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life.

"...for it is your life."  I mean, WOW!  Guys, that's like my blog in a few sentences!  I swear to goodness, I never read this verse before I even started this blog.  It just boggles my mind that this verse reflects so much of me.  "I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths."  When I read this verse, I feel like God is near me.  Like He's close to my heart.  Which is what I, a Daughter of Christ, should feel. 

This will be my verse for 2013, I have decided.  Not even for 2013, but for my life.  I love it so much.  Happy New Year, everyone!  May you find a great verse that inspires you throughout 2013 and beyond.  See you on the other side ;)

*Allie* 

1 comment:

ashley said...

Awesome post allie =) I'm so proud of you for not freaking out about your future (at least not too much ;) and seeking the LORD and what he wants! So, here's to the new year and to another year of blogging =) Love your new layout btw ;)