Wednesday, November 9, 2011

surprise!

So I am home from school, I have a new mud mask on right now that is so, so tight.  I haven't eaten since eight this morning, nevertheless I decided I'd check my blog;]  I have new followers!  Oh my goodness gracious me!  Thank you all so much for helping me guys.  And the great tips that you have given me;] 

I know it seems real picky to ask for followers on a blog, and maybe I am real picky.  But I was thinking through my own little thoughts a few nights ago (uninterrupted, yes).  I kept thinking, God!  Don't you want me to have followers so I can reach people who don't know you????  Don't you want me to share this amazing news to people who haven't heard about you, or share to people from a teenagers perspective?  Then I realized.  What.  Am.  I doing?  Am I really doing this for God, or am I doing it for popularity?  To be honest, I know it was mostly for popularity.  I thought about it.  I ran the question through my mind and now I know it was for popularity.  I felt an overwhelming darkness sweep over me in that moment, yet my mind was opened and crystal clear.  I pray now, that God will work this "followers" thing out by Himself, I want Him to work out who comes across my blog.  And I pray that whoever comes across my blog will come away with spiritual encouragement and maybe a new way of thinking things on what goes on in a Christian teenage girls mind.  Heck, I don't care if they go away thinking I'm just a kooky little teenager.  Starting today, my "white flag" is flying around on this post.  I am forfeiting my goal.  Not because I thought I would fail but because I want my followers to actually like me and not just follow me because I beg them to. 
To those of you new followers out there, welcome.  I hope you enjoy my blog and if you don't, well that's okay.  To the followers I've had for a while, I thank you so much for everything.  I still would like it if you tell your friends about my blog, or just mention it, "Hey my friend has a blog, you should check it out sometime."  That is all I ask, you don't have to do anything else.  I hope God will bring the people He wants me to blog to, to my blog so I can encourage them or help them become part of God's family. 

You know.... I have never had a botox (did i even spell that right???) in my entire life, but this mask I have on feels like I just got one;]  Au revoir my dear friends.
*Allie*

1 comment:

memory said...

what sweet thoughts, allie. thanks for sharing your heart and being open.