Wednesday, January 12, 2011

never alone

Remember that one awesome christian group (BarlowGirl) I was telling you about in the previous post music or lyrics?  BarlowGirl has this one song that I listen to all the time called Never Alone.  The three sisters are singing about how alone they feel, and that it's hard to be sure if God is still there listening to them.  Here are the lyrics.



i waited for you today, but you didn't show no, no
i needed you today, so where did you go?
you told me to call, said you'd be there
and though i haven't seen you are you still there?

[chorus]

i cried out with no reply and i can't feel you by my side so,
i'll hold tight to what i know your here
and i'm never alone

and though i can not see you
and i can't explain why
such a deep reassurance you've placed in my life
we can not separate, cause you're part of me
and though you're invisible i'll trust the unseen

[chorus repeats twice]




I just adore that song!  I listen to it when I'm scared, sad, or when I need to remember that God is by my side all the time (which i guess implies both).  I have the song on allie's tunes at the very bottom of my blog so you can listen to the song.  Hope you like it as much as I do!

*Allie*



1 comment:

Aunt Sal/Mom/G Sally said...

Allie, that IS a great song...it sure captures the feeling of being alone but also really speaks about how God is ALWAYS with us! I really like the part about God placing such a deep reassurance in our life - it's not something that we have to do because He's already done it for us! LYL, Grammy