Wednesday, May 30, 2012

an update at last...

Hello friends!  Just thought I'd do a quick update since I have a bit of time.

1.)  Two weeks until school is officially OUT!  Yay!  I'm so excited!  But this also means cramming in study time for finals *blah...!*  The deal is, I have to pass my State Biology and Algebra tests.  Like I have said many times in the past, I am not terrific at tests.  So this will obviously be a huge stressing out phase from this point and by the time school is out :/  Prayers would be most helpful!  I think if study hard enough and pray, God will guide me threw those tests smoothly :) *please God, please God, please God!*

2.)  Three weeks from now (this is the big one!) *drum roll*.... I'm going to Europe for the first time ever!  *jumping in seat* :D  So (another) obviously, I am so super excited for that!  I'm going with my grandparents to England, Scotland, and France.  Taking pictures will be a must for me and most likely washing my own clothes in the hotel room bath tub.  But hey!  That the adventure part of this trip... at least it is for me :)  I'll be away for two weeks, so I won't be available to post pictures as I go (unless I miraculously get my own lap top and free WiFi... *grin*).  Again, prayers for a safe and smooth trip would be most appreciative :)

3.)  From July to August, I will be starting Drivers Ed. *a big 'whoohoo' and a back flip*.  I'm scared, nervous, and overall just scared.  But I'm also really excited to start this new chapter in my life ;) 

4.)  This is just an idea my mom and I have come across.  But we were thinking about me volunteering this summer at a senior home and/or Children's Hospital.  I would be an entertainer there, most likely drawing.  Maybe fun art games and crafts for Children's Hospital :)  I don't know, we'll have to check into it.  But it would take care of my volunteer hours to graduate high school.  Plus, I would really like to get to know these people and care for them.  It's still in the idea folder, though.

That's about it!  Have a great rest of your week,
*Allie*

2 comments:

ashley said...

All those things sound awesome! Well, except for finals cramming, but then you get to wipe your brow, heave a sigh of relief and be done with it all... On the last day of school, I have a little unofficial "kickoff" where I literally kick off my shoes. I know, I love puns, its terrible... Can't wait to hear of your travels abroad!!! I revel in the thought of traveling to London someday... =) Good to hear from you again! I've missed your posts

Aunt Sal/Mom/G Sally said...

SO good to have you back writing, Allie...you have so much God-given creativity in so many areas and it's always such a joy to see it being used!!! And, yes! I'm praying for you as you finish up all your finals, etc.!

It's also great to see The Scribbler again- such a true encourager!!!